1 Block Tofu
2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
3 Cloves finely chopped garlic
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1 Bunch Scallions
2 Cups Veggies
1/3 Cup Sweetener
3 Tbsp Crunchy Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Tamari (Wheat free tamari makes this gluten free!)
3 Juiced Limes OR 1/3 Cup Juice
1/3 cup Water
1/2 Tsp Thai Chili Paste
2 Cups Mung Bean Sprouts.
- Preheat frying pan or wok on medium heat for 5 minutes. (I use a cast iron pan. If you have a non stick pan you will want to reduce the warming time so as not to burn the non-stick coating)
- Add 1 Tbsp. peanut oil and let it sit for a minute to get up to temperature
- Cut drained tofu into small strips about 3x3/4x1/2 inch each.
- Gently place the tofu into the prepared frying pan.
- KEEP TOFU MOVING! if you let the tofu sit too long and then use a spoon to move it, the tofu will stick to the pan and break up into small pieces.
- When tofu is golden brown all over, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large thick pan or wok (a large cast iron pot is what we use) heat up remaining peanut oil on medium heat for 1 minute.
- Cook onions (chopped the onion into thin rings about 1/4 inch thick and then quarter each ring to create cooked onion strips.) and garlic until onions are translucent. Keep the heat low enough so that the garlic doesn't burn.
- Add water, sugar, tamari, Thai chili paste, peanut butter and minced ginger. Mix thoroughly to dissolve and combine all ingredients.
- In a separate pot cook pad Thai noodles (sometimes called rice linguine) until they are tender but not completely done (they will finish cooking when combined with veggies.)
- Add Bean sprouts and veggies (We used snow peas, one slivered carrot some mixed sliced peppers and finely chopped broccoli. Use whatever is in season that you like.)
- Cook on medium heat stirring frequently to prevent sticking until sauce has begun to thicken.
- Add prepared tofu and noodles.
- Cook until sauce is thick and all ingredients are hot.
- Serve with a slice of lime and Crushed peanuts.
Vegan Vegetarian Pad Thai Gluten free Dairy Tofu Wheat noodles